Revised Workforce CCDBG Training Schedule for programs serving children on subsidy
DFD: NEW NOTICE – APRIL 11, 2017
The online Foundations of Child Development training (for Child Care Center Teachers and for Family Child Care Providers) through Better Kid Care will continue to be free through Sunday, April 30, 2017.
- After Sunday, April 30, 2017 – you can access the online training for a $5 fee or you can take the instructor led training, for free, through your regional CCR&Rs.
- Remember, the deadline for completing this training was Friday, March 31, 2017. If you have not completed this training yet, you should do so immediately.
- The Cumberland and Atlantic regional offices will schedule monthly CCDBG Health and Safety-related trainings: Health and Safety (6 hours); Child Development (2 hours); Identifying Child Abuse and Neglect – Mandated Reporting (2 hours)
- All newly hired early care program staff must take the mandated CCDBG trainings either in person or online within two weeks of hire. New FCC or FFN candidates must take the trainings in person. You must also have proof of pediatric CPR and First Aid training (visit our CPR/FA information site).
- All five regional offices will hold monthly or bi-monthly new FCC/FFN Orientation for interested applicants. Please call your regional office’s FCC/FFN manager to coordinate dates and times, locations, and additonal requirements.
- All training participants must be enrolled in the NJ Workforce Registry and register for either face-to-face or online trainings at (https://uat.njccis.com/njccis/home). Sponsor name: Rutgers Southern Regional
- All face-to-face training attendees must be on time to obtain credit; bring writing and note-taking resources as well as refreshments and a light lunch for your comfort. Due to insurance liability, no children can attend trainings.